Port Street Quality Growth Fund’s investment philosophy revolves around four primary goals:
- Seek to protect & maintain purchasing power of principal and income generating capacity over time
- Focus on minimizing risk of loss of principal during times of market adversity
- Strive to outperform the general market over full market cycles
- Emphasis on “margin of safety” between estimated value of security and market price
- A value-driven strategy which emphasizes cash flow growth
- Start off looking for great businesses, Not cheap stocks
- When we believe great businesses trade at significant discount that afford a margin
of safety to a conservative estimate of intrinsic value, then long term investments are made
- Result is a diversified portfolio of 20 – 45 high quality names that exhibit both value and growth stock characteristics
Diversification does not assure a profit nor protect against loss in a declining market.
Margin of Safety is the principle of only purchasing securities when the market price is significantly below its intrinsic value.